About Gothenburg Culture Festival
Nordic children’s festivals collaborate
Nordic Melting point is the title of a new collaboration between four Nordic children’s festivals: Barnens Kulturkalas in Gothenburg, Barnamenningarhátíð in Reykjavík, Lasten Festarit/Lasten Espoo in Helsinki and Barnafestivalurin in Tórshavn.
The purpose of the collaboration is initially to exchange ideas and best practices in relation to sustainability, equality and diversity in accordance with the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals. Furthermore, the festivals wish to swap programming ideas and explore possibilities for potential artistic collaborations.
The organisers of the respective events met in Copenhagen in February to plan visits to each festival and identify specific, relevant areas of development.
The dates for the festivals are as follows:
- Barnafestivalurin (organised by the Nordic House in the Faroe Islands): 7-15 April
- Barnamenningarhátíð (organised by Visit Reykjavík and Reykjvík City): 17-22 April
- Lasten Espoo (organised by PuskaPromotion): 12 May
- Lasten Festarit (organised by PuskaPromotion): 6 August
- Barnens Kulturkalas (organised by Göteborg & Co): 14-19 August
This collaboration is funded by Nordic Culture Point.