Do you want to contribute with program content to Gothenburg’s very own city festival?
This year, we are once again inviting future collaborators, organisers, and participants to join our open call. Do you have a completed act, project, event, or festival that you want to organise during the festival from August 29 to September 1, 2024? Then, you are welcome to submit your application.
The open call is open from November 15 to January 15. After we have read and reviewed all applications, we will contact those with whom we wish to have a continued dialogue.
Please note that you are not guaranteed a spot in this year’s festival once you have submitted the form. This is only an expression of interest and is non-binding.
Criteria for collaboration
- For visitors, the acts or activities should be free and open to everyone. However, it is okay to charge for food and drinks. In the application, you can specify your fee as a performer/organizer.
- We are an eco-friendly festival and do not use single-use materials, flyers, etc.
- We strive to maintain a gender-equal festival with broad diversity and aim to make the festival accessible to all.
- Together, we create experiences focusing on food, encounters, culture, sports, and people.
What a collaborator, organiser, or participant receives fro Gothenburg Culture Festival
- Access to the festival’s toolbox, which includes logos, images, symbols, texts, and other communication tools.
- Visibility in our digital program on the website, in both Swedish and English.
- Presence on our social media through group posts (i.e., we gather activities/projects under the same post and provide a brief description of each).
- Opportunity for decoration at the festival site. This can include posters, beach flags, banners, etc. However, this is not guaranteed and is decided on a case-by-case basis in consultation with the festival’s communicator.
Short about Gothenburg Culture Festival
Gothenburg Culture Festival is a sustainable city festival taking place from August 29th to September 1st, 2024. The festival is open and free for everyone, offering a diverse range of experiences from beloved mainstream artists to contemporary circus acts, children’s theater, new culinary adventures, and the opportunity to try various activities.
Gothenburg Culture Festival aims to provide Gothenburg residents and visitors with an annual event contributing to an attractive destination and a more humane, enjoyable, and sustainable city. Operating as an umbrella festival, we bring together multiple actors, producers, and organisers to shape Gothenburg Culture Festival.